Our goal is to provide a place that your children will look forward to coming to. In each age-appropriate space, your child will be welcomed with toys, activities and love.
Please be sure that your child has a name tag (provided in MOPPETS) and that any bags/cups are labeled with your child’s name. Should your child need you during a MOPS meeting, our workers will personally reach you in our main meeting room.
Children 3 & Up Room
Children will enjoy making a craft, learning about God, playing games, and eating a snack.
If a child is having a difficult time transitioning we will do our best to calm your child. If a child continues to cry after 10 minutes we will alert you. If you would like to shorten this trial period simply notify your child’s teacher.
To ensure a safe and healthy environment, we request that these guidelines be followed:
1. Please take your child to the classroom. You will be asked to sign your child in and put his/her name-tag on his/her shirt.
2. Children are requested not to bring special toys to class, as this creates problems with sharing and the possible loss of the toy.
3. Children who are showing signs of illness MUST remain at home. Moms can come but please do not bring sick children with you during the MOPS session. Here are a few guidelines to follow to determine whether your child is too sick to bring to MOPPETS:
- Nasal discharge other than clear
- Discharge from eyes
If you are unsure if your child is contagious, please check with your pediatrician. If your child develops symptoms of illness while at MOPPETS, we will not be able to keep him/her there.
4. Allergies/Special Medical Problems/Medications: Make sure that your child’s teacher is aware of any allergies, special medical problems or medications that your child is taking, or any special needs your child may have during the morning. It would be helpful to let the teacher know if your child has had a rough morning. This helps the teacher better understand and respond to your child‘s needs. Our childcare workers are not allowed to administer medication to children.
5. With the exception of nursing babies, children must remain in their classrooms for the time the mothers meet (9:15 AM-11:15 AM). Be assured that you will be contacted if any problems with your child arise.
6. Babies checked into the nursery need to have their nametag put on their back at check-in time. In addition, let the workers know if they have can have a snack. On the sign-in sheet include any specific instructions, e.g. when the baby needs to be fed or put to bed.
7. Please label all contents of your diaper bag and include a change of clothing for your child(ren).
8. Please pick up your child(ren) promptly after MOPS ends at 11:15 AM.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your childcare experience, please notify the MOPPETS Coordinator or MOPS Coordinator.
We always welcome extra hands. If you know anyone interested in volunteering in our MOPPETS program, please contact the MOPS Coordinator.
We look forward to an exciting year with you and your children.